Realization of a Rewarding Workplace
Promotion of Diversity & Inclusion
Yamazen vigorously promotes Diversity & Inclusion initiatives as a management strategy based on its Management Philosophy of “Management of Fostering Personnel (To make active use of personnel, and to foster independent and virtuous employees).”
By proactively recruiting and developing the skills of human resources who possess a wide variety of knowledge and experience, and by providing them with opportunities to play an active role, Yamazen is working to create an environment in which all employees, regardless of gender, can develop their own expertise and eagerly participate while maximizing their skills, and aims to be an attractive company that is even more rewarding for our employees.
Act on the Promotion of Women’s Active Engagement in Professional Life
General Employer Action Plan
- Plan period
- Three years from April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2025
- Issues for Yamazen
- Ratio of women among employees who will serve as the next generation of core human resources (management) is low
- Average years of service for women is low
- Goals, initiative details and implementation periods
- Goal 1: Achieve a ratio of 20% or higher each year for women hired.
- Goal 2: Carry out measures for creating a comfortable workplace environment, and reduce the gender difference in the average years of service by 20% or more. (Current difference: 5.3 years)
- <Goal 1: Initiative details and implementation period> From April 2022
- In order to strengthen the class of employees who will play a central role, proactively increase the ratio of women among new-graduate and mid-career hires when developing recruiting plans.
- Enhance the approach to female candidates in the selection process and provide opportunities for individual communication, etc. in order to deepen their understanding of Yamazen, which will lead to the acceptance of job offers.
- As part of our goal of expanding the pool of applicants, increase the number of times that female employees appear on our website (Yamazen BASE CAMP) and through social networking services, thereby providing the applicants with an image of working at Yamazen to eliminate gaps in their expectations after joining the company and improve employee retention.
- <Goal 2: Initiative details and implementation period> From April 2022
- Reform the human resources system, and reorganize the career-track and noncareer-track categories for non-management-level employees.
Unify the personnel grade and evaluation tables in order to expand the available roles, conduct fair and impartial evaluations, and enable various career paths.
- In order to support career planning associated with this system reform, hold career seminars and career-related meetings for employees with their managers to provide employees with opportunities to think about how they will attain their career paths while considering their own life events.
- As part of our initiatives aimed at improving the well-being of employees, enhance the benefit programs and support the happiness, physical and mental health, and work-life balance of employees and their families. In addition, from the perspective of the human resources system, introduce an hourly based annual paid-leave system and support an increase in the percentage of paid leave taken and flexible working styles.
Yamazen Health Management Declaration
Yamazen’s most value assets are its personnel. At the very beginning of our management philosophy, we mention “management of fostering personnel” as well as our philosophy of “to make active use of personnel, and to foster independent and virtuous employees.” Based on this philosophy, we recognize that the promotion of employee health is important for the happiness of employees and their families, which will lead to each and every employee working enthusiastically, and “creating a rewarding workplace,” and are addressing this matter as an important management iss