The Yamazen Group regards compliance not simply as obedience to laws and regulations, but as a broader issue that includes complying with corporate ethics, and as an ideal to which to aspire rather than an activity that is forced upon us.
To further encourage compliance to take root, we have formulated the Yamazen Group Corporate Activity Charter and distributed it to all employees, including those overseas and in group companies. Going forward we will continue to work to ensure that all employees achieve proper and full understanding, and to promote the sincere and fair business expansion.
Yamazen Group Corporate Activity Charter
Yamazen and its group companies have set out the following 10 principles in the Yamazen Group Corporate Activity Chapter, with the goal of becoming an organization that is widely trusted and supported by society, and of which society has high expectations.
As good corporate citizens, Yamazen and its group companies maintain sound ethics. Based on the 10 principles, in addition to respecting human rights, and both the spirit and the letter of laws and international rules, we act with a social conscience, and with the goal of becoming a global company that contributes to countries and communities around the world.
1Customer-oriented provision of products and services
- 1-1Provide products, services, and appropriate related information that meet customer needs and generate customer satisfaction.
- 1-2Provide products and services to customers that are safe and socially beneficial.
- 1-3Respond to requests and inquiries from customers sincerely and promptly.
- 1-4Manage and protect personal/customer information appropriately.
2Fair, transparent, and proper trading
- 2-1Recognize that fair and free competition is the foundation of corporate activity, and act accordingly.
- 2-2Comply with laws and regulations, and promote fair, transparent and proper trading.
- 2-3 In addition to managing our own confidential information and protecting our intellectual property, respect the intellectual property of others.
- 2-4Do not accept or offer any gifts or entertainment aimed at obtaining an unfair advantage.
3Timely and appropriate disclosure of corporate information
- 3-1Take an active and fair approach to disclosing timely and appropriate information in order to improve the transparency of corporate activities.
- 3-2Promote bidirectional communications with society by using PR activities, etc. in order to obtain the proper understanding of society.
4Realization of the ideal working environment
- 4-1Build a personnel management system that allows individual employees to fully demonstrate their skills and creativity.
- 4-2Respect the human rights of employees, and do not discriminate against them.
- 4-3 Create a comfortable working environment for the safety and health of employees.
- 4-4Respect the individuality of employees, and support their career formation and skills development.
- 4-5Based on the principle of management and workers united as one, conduct sincere dialogues and discussions with employee associations (representatives).
5Practice of environmental management
- 5-1Use environmental management systems (EMS) to work on initiatives to prevent global warming and facilitate a recycling society.
- 5-2Work to develop and popularize environmentally beneficial products and systems, such as environmentally friendly products, and products that contribute to the environment, and contribute to the mitigation of environmental impacts and risks.
6Participation in social action programs
- 6-1As a good corporate citizen, take an independent and positive approach to social action programs.
- 6-2Support autonomous social participation, such as community action and volunteer activities by employees.
7Confrontation with anti-social forces and organizations
- 7-1Confront resolutely anti-social forces and organizations that threaten the daily lives of citizens and the order and security of society, and cut off all relationships with them.
8Thorough compliance with international rules and import-export controls
- 8-1Comply with laws, regulations and international rules related to trade, and perform appropriate import/export procedures.
- 8-2Promote business activities that respect local culture and customs.
- 8-3Promote the localization of management.
9Thorough compliance with laws and regulations, as well as corporate ethics
- 9-1Top management shall take every opportunity, both inside and outside the company, to explain the importance of complying with laws and regulations, as well as corporate ethics.
- 9-2Build a company-wide system of initiatives to ensure thoroughgoing compliance with laws, regulations and corporate ethics.
- 9-3Implement and enhance a full range of education and training in relation to compliance with laws, regulations and corporate ethics.
10Approach to problems and associated measures
- 10-1In the event of a problem occurring, follow the instructions of the management to promptly investigate the facts of the matter, establish the causes, and work out policies and measures that are appropriate in the context of corporate responsibility.
- 10-2For problems that require information disclosure, top management shall promptly provide clear explanations to society, including the facts of the matter, and measures taken to prevent recurrences.
- 10-3After establishing causes and clarifying authority and responsibility, impose fair but strict punishment on those concerned including management themselves based on employment regulations, etc.
Initiatives To Thoroughly Instill Compliance
The Company conducts a variety of compliance-related educational activities. “Compliance leaders” have been selected from each division headquarters, regional headquarters, and group company, and in FY2022 an in-house lawyer implemented training for these individuals. Based on this, after reflecting on the content of their own training, compliance leaders are themselves implementing compliance training for all group employees, including those overseas. To ensure that the training is not just a formality, employees are required to think about and engage in it themselves.